Harbour Master's office
The implementation of the Quality Management System at the Port of Rouen Harbour Master's Office began in September 2002 and the first ISO 9001: 2008 certificate was obtained on 6 September 2004.
The scope of certification of the quality management system at the Harbour Master's Office concerns the reception of ships and inland waterway vessels in the Port of Rouen. It is about:
- Ensuring navigational safety. This means in particular monitoring incidents/accidents in the river or during manoeuvres. Each case is studied to determine the causes of the incident or accident and draw lessons from them
- Satisfying the customer in compliance with the regulations in force. To this end, a questionnaire is sent each year to the ship's agents on the quality of service provided by the harbour master's office for the reception of ships.
Workshops and Dredging
The quality approach of the Workshops and Dredging department according to the ISO 9001:2008 standard concerns the Ship Repair Centre and the Industrial Maintenance part of the service.
Four main objectives have been identified:
- Satisfy internal and external customers of the workshops
- Guarantee safety at work
- Continuously improve service performance
- Ensure the sustainability and modernization of the activity to develop and retain external customers
- Achieving financial equilibrium
In May 2018, the "hydrography" and "navigation aids" activities of the Channel and Navigation Aid Service of the Port of Rouen obtained ISO 9001 quality certification. This certification complements the certifications already obtained for the reception of ships by the Harbour Master's Office and by the Ship Repair Centre of the Workshops and Dredging Department.
In 2017, the Port of Rouen obtained the international ISO 14001 certification issued by AFNOR (French Standards Association). This standard is based on the principle of continuous improvement of environmental performance by controlling the impacts related to the company's activity.
This certification concerns environmental management, implemented on four pilot activities with environmental challenges: the transit of dredging sediments applied to the Port-Jérôme facility, the process of backfilling gravel pits with dredging sediments for redevelopment, the port operating process applied to the Radicatel terminal and the Port's Environment Department.
The renewal of the certification is in progress