For the 6th consecutive time, HAROPA PORT has been awarded the Best green seaport 2022 prize.
The leading french port has been shortlisted alongside the ports of Amsterdam, Hamburg, Hong Kong, Long Beach, Rotterdam, Shenzhen and Singapore on criteria defined by Asia Cargo News:
- demonstrated compliance with green freight transport regulations and environmental standards
- investment in green initiative, technology and action plans
- incorporation of environmental requirements in strategic planning
- use of policy on reducing fuel emissions from freight handling operations
- ongoing training of staff in green initiatives and in measures to lower carbon footprints
This trophy illustrates the recognition of the environmental policy of the first french port.